Wednesday, March 01, 2006

More Info I've discovered:

Well, I've found out a little more information tonight. John, my UIC will be on Staff for my Sr. Regional Tournament this year. Holland Youth Park will be hosting the tournament this year. Holland Park is the home of Parish Little League. They only have one 90 foot diamond, however. So, this means that there will be four games a day, most likely starting at 10:00 AM, with the last game being at 7:00 PM probably. I'll be working two games a day, like I figured. My day will likely be starting much earlier. My guess is our crews will work a game, sit a game, then work our last game. If this is what ends up happening, I prefer this style of doing it, because that gives everyone a game off to relax, and watch the other crew work.

Tonight I helped out at the L.B.U.A Rules Training. I presented Rule 8-The Pitcher. John introduced me as "The newest Regional Umpire". Everyone has been very supportive of my selection. I've gotten phone calls, and hand shakes every time I come accross anyone associated with L.B.U.A, and I can't say how cool that is. Our group has worked really hard to get to this place, and it is beginning to really pay off. Five L.B.U.A. members are now Regional Umpires. Our group continues to look better and better! This is really a pat on the back to all the things John has done. Also, ALL of the District 7 Regional selections this year are from Albany and Corvallis. I can't say how proud that makes me to be able to say I am a member of L.B.U.A. right now!!

The tournament is still over 120 days away, and I just can't wait for it to get here. John also said he'd be planning a road trip up to Port Orchard to watch Randy work his Regional. That will be a ton of fun, and awesome to be able to go support him, even though he is a ways away. This is a banner year for L.B.U.A., and I'm proud to be a part of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home