Friday, March 10, 2006

The Season Approaches quickly

Well, here we are 4 days before my season will officially start! I got my first coupple weeks of my high school umpiring schedule. My first game will be Tuesday at Toledo. Toledo is a small coast town. What excites me about that game, is I'll get to work with Randy, who is also a member of LBUA, and on the board with me for LBUA. Randy is also going to be working the Big League Western Regional this summer up in Port Orchard. He is one of about 3 people I wanted to umpire my first game with this year, so I'm very happy about that!!

We're very short handed this year for high school ball, so I'll be working a bunch of games this year. I'll be working varisty at Toledo Tuesday, Thursday varsity at South Albany, Friday varsity somewhere, Saturday varsity at Waldport, a doubble header, then the next week will be just as full. I'm only disapointed that I only have been assigned one plate game out of my first 9 games this year. that sorta frusterates me, as I'm anxious to get behind the dish. I'll have to talk to Marcus about that. I went and bought brand new plate shoes, and I dont' even get to use them for another full week!

Anyway, stay tuned. I'll be updating next week after my first few games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home